Dentistry has come a long way. Durham Dental Implant Solutions offers a ceramic solution in the form of CeraRoot dental implants.
What are some reasons to consider ceramic dental implants?
- Biocompatibility: CeraRoot dental implants are made from zirconia which is biocompatible and integrates (fuses) into the jaw bone.
- Allergies & Sensitivities: Although rare, some patients have potential allergies or skin sensitivities to conventional titanium implants. We recommend to consider MELISA testing. It’s an innovative diagnostic tool used to identify metal allergies and sensitivities. The MELISA test is very useful for the diagnosis of allergies and sensitivities.
- Esthetics: Often with the front area of the mouth, and with certain patients that have thin gums, a gray discoloration may appear over time due to the color of the underlying titanium implant. Zirconia is non-metallic and white and closely mimics what nature created in the first place.
- Corrosion resistance: Zirconia is a bioinert material that is resistant to chemical corrosion. It also does not conduct electricity or heat. Although most patients do not experience any issues with titanium dental implants, for some patients with sensitivity issues this is a great replacement option.
- Holistic dentistry: Zirconia implants are bioinert, meaning they are a great option for patients wishing to have a metal free dental implant option.
- No moving parts: Titanium dental implants consist of two parts. The root portion in the jaw and the abutment which is the connected portion above the gum. These two portions are connected with a screw. Ceramic dental implants are one piece and have been shown to allow for healthy gums due to the smooth surface.